Teluk Intan 2017: Photo Diary

By afparungao - Wednesday, February 01, 2017

I love spontaneous trips! They say that the least amount of time you spend on planning something, the more it will happen. It is true for me on several occasions, but deep inside, the planner in me goes crazy.

As much as my friends and I try to plan our trips very well, there were times when we're just itching to get out of the city and go somewhere new. Especially if  you live in a city like Kuala Lumpur -- busy streets and crawling jams, you'll feel like you want to escape the city life even for a weekend.

So my friends and I did. Subhash, being a motoring journalist, gets to go to a lot of places in the country, and Ness, Chuk, and I tagged along one Sunday morning to Teluk Intan in Perak.


This is Chukwudi
This is Nessreen







If you look for places to go to in Teluk Intan, there's really nothing else except for Menara Condong, a clock tower which is Malaysia's equivalent to the famous Leaning Tower of Pisa in Italy.


Details

From afar

Standing at 25.5 metres tall, the tower is slanted towards the left. It was used as a water reservoir for locals during the dry season and when there is a fire,  aside from it being used to keep the time. The reason it is leaning is that it was built on soft ground, plus the weight of the water is making it lean towards the west.

If you find yourself there, aside from taking your selfies by the tower, don't forget to eat Mee Rebus.

A plate of Mee Rebus I shared with Chuk and Ness. I thought it would taste like our Pancit Malabon.
Lol, who am I kidding?
Here are some more photos from the trip. Chuk, Ness, and I walked around while waiting for Subhash to finish. It was so hot that day that the hand-me-down point-and-shoot camera I brought got its lens burnt. So sad.

Colourful shop houses around the leaning tower.



Busy Sunday afternoon at a local Mamak




Kopitiam

Lepak Lepak



Till next time! 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments