A Health Confession

By afparungao - Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Recently, I have been dealing with the worst health problems since I had typhoid fever (22 years ago, I think). Last March, I had a weekend suffering from Vertigo. It's funny when people say I use it as an excuse because they think I'm too young to have it, and it angers me because they do not know how hard it is to go through the day and I can't even get out of bed. The doctor gave me a ton of medicines and at some point I was running on pain killers and muscle relaxers. 

Then a few weeks back, I went to the doctor because I've been having constant headache on the left side of my head. The pain extends over my left eye that I cannot even stare at my work computer or direct light to get through. And guess what, my BP is 140/80. That got me scared a bit, because alta presion runs in the both side of my families, with both my grandparents on father side suffering from stroke.I have to take more pain killers and it was scary at one point because it felt like my life depended on it. 

I have gained two kilos (not normally scary, but weird to think I've never been more than 50kgs in my life) and have cut down on food because I'm too scared to eat anything that can cause me more dilemma. 

I admit I have become a bit lazy. I stopped running (well, that did not work out, I guess) and haven't been doing yoga. Sad to admit that all I do now is sleep and eat and repeat and my only work out is when I go to my boss's office which is quite often (you should see my shy leg muscles). I have been moody and always mad crazy. It's sad and disappointing. And it's not me. 

I have been rethinking of my recent lifestyle choices and all the things I have been doing wrong. It's sad that my body has to suffer because of my preferences. I used to enjoy walking around on weekends and sweating it out when I can. I used to go swimming on Saturday mornings because I wake up early. I used to not eat pork almost on a daily basis.

Thinking I should get a healthy overhaul soon and get my lazy ass out of the bed or couch. But for now, as recommended by my doctor, heading to bed early so I will not be too stressed. 

I'm putting this out here as a reminder to myself to think of me first and what's best for me. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments