TFiOS

By afparungao - Friday, September 12, 2014

I decided, a few months after everyone has seen it, to watch The Fault in Our Stars. You know, that tear-jerker book written by John Green turned into a movie by Josh Boone. 

No, The Fault in Our Stars Is Not Young-Adult Fiction's Savior ...

I got the extended movie version and sat through 2 hours plus waiting for a moment to shed my tears. But it didn't come until the last few moments of the movie when Hazel Grace (I still think this name sounds blah) read a 'eulogy' written by Augustus (this, this is an awesome name) which he sent to Peter Van Houten (played by the wonderful Willem Dafoe). I will not spoil anything to those who have not seen it or read the book. But it was that killer moment from this cryfest movie that got me. 

I was told that if you're a fan of the book (I admit I am), the movie would suck in comparison. But it didn't. I actually thought it was good. Shailene Woodley was a good casting decision. Not sure Ansel Elgort (?) was okay... But if you've seen Divergent, you would know why I feel this pairing is kind of icky. 

Also, 'Boom Clap' was so fit when they arrived in Amsterdam. I feel I would do the same when I get there. 

I hope you're not waiting for life reflection and/ or realisation like this is kind of a reaction paper. Unfortunately, this is not. I just wanted the world to know that I finally saw TFiOS. 

Thanks.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments