Day Seven- Four Songs that Mean A Lot To You

By afparungao - Thursday, December 09, 2010

Again, one of those ~*serious*~ categories. Laying four songs here that in someway, somehow, meant something in my life. SOME. HEHE.

1. Pictures of You (The Cure): I remember I was 18 and I thought I was in-love or maybe I really was? He's 12 years older (do the math). Quoting Serena van der Woodsen in the latest episode of Gossip Girl, " It felt good to have someone who paid attention to me for a positive reason." I was a college freshman and he's (until now) a member of a group (because saying what group he belongs to will just be a giveaway). He kept me awake until 3a.m. even though I had classes in the morning.  Things were doing good, great even. There were nights of poetry, music, and art. There were days when all I could think of is being with him. But I doubt my parents would approve, because he's not like any other boys (men). Then there was that day that kind of ruined everything. Days became bleak and the next thing I knew, he got himself a girlfriend.

This song, among other songs we exchanged means a lot because it's the first time I've ever cried over a boy and over a song. You see, I'm no crybaby until Senior Retreat and I'm a pain-in-the-ass type of girlfriend in my 'heydays.' I didn't see the point of crying over someone until him. One afternoon,  my iTunes randomly played this song and I found myself in tears while looking at his pictures. SAWRY.


/shitthatwasawful.

2. (I've Got You) Under My Skin (Frank Sinatra): This song is my childhood. Growing up with a father who's old enough to be my grandpa (sorry pa, hehe), we got all the oldies but goodies played during weekends. Also because he owns the car, he gets to choose which songs are going to get played. When I was younger, he plays a lot of Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Johnny Mathis, Tony Bennet, and the rest of their batch mates. However, it was my boy Frankie who got me. I got to memorise one of his songs and my dad and I used to do duets, especially on New Year's/ his birthday parties. Aside from this song, there's also "Love and Marriage," Strangers in the Night," "Blue Moon," and the infamous "My Way" in our repertoire. 


3. Marching On-Timbo version (Timbaland feat. OneRepublic): If there's a song I'd listen to over and over on bad days, this has got to be it.



4. Your Song (Tres), I Could Not Ask for More (Edwin McCain), and Five Candles (Jars of Clay): In one number, just because. The first song is something he wrote for me, the other two are some of the songs he used to sing. That was almost two years ago. How can something written for you not mean anything? You guys. 



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments