On what is left behind

By afparungao - Saturday, March 13, 2010

It's almost two weeks from now before we finally graduate. I can already smell the fresh air of freedom from school work and hello to the real world. There's just too many things to settle in school that even though I no longer have my classes, I still go there almost everyday.

Or probably, I just make these things up just so I can go back to school.

Deep inside, although I share a love-hate relationship with my alma mater, I don't think I can easily give up on UST. Not at this moment, not even on the next few weeks, not even probably when I am already working. I may not have that good relationship with the school, but it has seen me change as a person. I owe all the misfortunes and the triumphs to this school.

I thank UST for giving me great friends who made me sane for eight semesters. The things we did, no matter how crazy or normal they may be, I am happy we did it. I may not have the the kind of friends who sought drinking and drugs as kind of thrill, but surely they made my life one heck of an insane adventure. I Love them to bits. I love Lian, Cha, Apol, Joyce, Monica, Dharel, Nachi, Sam, Chiars, Candice, Karche, Shayne, Marge, DR, Voltaire, Kate, and all those people I might not have mentioned, but will forever be dear to me.

To the best boyfriend in the entire world, biases aside. I think we both know very well how hard things are going to be, but we'll do our best to exceed the expectations and be the best couple this uni has ever seen. I cry happy and sad tears thinking about what the next months has in store for us, but hopefully we'll be ready Denison. This is for the long run, honey.

I am grateful to all the wonderful professors who taught me not just the academic stuff I needed to survive the field, but also life lessons I'll forever be grateful for in my life. I thank those professors who were such an ass in my college life, cos probably without them, I may never be as patient as I am right now. To my favourite professors, Sir Cuarts, Sir Ian, Sir Ipe, Sir Jere, Ma'am Ricci, Ma'am (Eloisa) Parco-De Castro, Ma'am (Annette) Soriano, Sir Jay, Ma'am Esther, Ma'am Jannis, Sir Ferdie, Ma'am Tuble, Dr. Lising, Dr./Dean Vasco, and Sir Rey Reyes, thank you! I may not be the best student, but I'll forever be happy that once (or twice, even thrice) I've attended your classes!

I thank those people who although didn't say it to my face, I knew hated me because they gave me reality that no matter how hard you try, you can never, ever please everybody.

And I am allotting some quality space on those heart breakers. Because they mean that much to me.

I'm happy to have met people who broke my heart, once or twice during my stay. They provided the distraction i needed. The heartaches they caused me, made me realize that I am a human, capable of loving and getting hurt. They made it really clear that I am no longer Ms. Queen Bee of high school, who made other people's lives as hell as possible. They gave me my own dose of medicine. They made me cry, yes, but those nights of tears made me more human, because it made me think that anybody is capable of hurting anybody. But in the end, the best thing about it is that you've loved and learned to forgive.

I don't want to think I am leaving. More of probably on an extended summer or semestral break, doing on- the- job training. I don't like to think that I am leaving people behind because it breaks my heart all the time I think about it. The feeling is killing me.

This has got to be the saddest blog to date. To think I am talking about my graduation.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments