Beam me up Scotty!

By afparungao - Friday, May 22, 2009

Yeah dude, thumbs up for you!
I am obviously not talking about Star Trek here. So the whole American Idol brouhaha is over, hopefully. Though a lot of people are really shocked with this year's winner, Kris Allen. I was initially rooting for Danny Gokey, but he got booted out at one week before the finale making him the second runner- up. Since I never really liked Adam Lambert, I rooted for him because he's way better than Kris. Kris obviously does not have the star power or creativity that Adam has. Although he's a pretty boy, that just won't make the cut. On the other hand, I was a bit happy that Adam did not win this season because his screaming is just too annoying. But other than that, I really wished he won. Don't you think?

A friend told me that the conservative states in the United States voted for Kris. Obviously, they are not yet ready for a gay American Idol. Buti pa dito. Just then, artists here in the Philippines who are obviously, super seriously gay won't come out of the closet.

So apart from the shocker finale, my love affair with Danny, and the awesome Kara dioGuardi, what struck me most about this season's AI is the blind contestant, Scott MacIntyre. Aside from him being the first handicapped contestant, he just never fails to brighten up my viewing days with his awkwardness. Just the thought of him "looking" at the audience is funny. Plus, he is just too admirable.

And for the past few months, I have been singing Survivor's The Search is Over, vocally or in my head which is really crazy. I come to memorize the lyrics now.

Watch and sing, see what I mean. It'll be stuck in your head for sure

And I wonder, how Scott tweets?

---

Follow Scott MacIntyre's tweets here

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments